Saturday, August 15, 2009

it will all be worth it.

Seeing as I have spare time now (after working on a mind-blogging Math portfolio and wondering whether or not a chemical reaction is acidic or alkaline), I think I'm going to update you guys with some stuff.





So I'm officially a senior. Well, truth be told there really isn't much difference. Walking down to my homeroom I still feel like a junior (probably because I've had Gustavo as my homeroom teacher for the third year now). There really isn't anything special about being a senior - yeah, sure, we're the oldest bunch at school now, and we have off-campus privileges, but there really isn't much that's interesting. As usual the heavy workload stresses some of us out, and with Extended Essays and Portfolios and Internal Assessments due, it's like suddenly you just got hit on the head with a stone and your mind goes from painful to heavy to fatigue.

But the world suddenly seems bigger, and more complicated when the future comes glaring at us and we start thinking about colleges, SATs, personal statements and a whole lot more. It's actually quite daunting to think that we'd all be parting our own ways in just less than a year.

The first few days back at school - getting back into the realm of academics and social pressures and all that High School drama - was actually quite horrible for me. I guess the whole thing just overwhelmed me a little too much and I felt utterly trapped and depressed.

But I've come to realize that my senior year should be the most daring, risky, fun, challenging and I guess happy time of my life. So despite the work, late-nights and occasional breakdowns, I'm ready to cherish every part of this journey before it's too late to regret. [:

2 comments:

  1. YEAH YOU GO KY. and we will have a blast! i mean come on :) hahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. KY. your posts....speak my mind, always.
    much love,
    Y

    ReplyDelete